Kniha proroka Nahum
Biblia - Sväté písmo
(CPDV - Anglický - Catholic PD)
Nah 1, 1-15
1 Nah 1, 1 The burden of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite. 2 Nah 1, 2 God is a rival, and the Lord is avenging. The Lord is avenging, and one who applies wrath. The Lord is avenging with his enemies, and he becomes angry with his adversaries. 3 Nah 1, 3 The Lord is patient and great in strength, and those who are not clean, he makes innocent. The Lord is in a tempest, and his way is a whirlwind, and the clouds are dust at his feet. 4 Nah 1, 4 He is 522 the one who rebukes the sea, and who dries it up, and who leads all the rivers to the desert. Basan has been weakened, and also Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon has languished. 5 Nah 1, 5 The mountains have trembled before him, and the hills have become desolate, and the earth has quaked before his face, both the world and all that dwells in it. 6 Nah 1, 6 Who can stand firm before the face of his indignation? And who can continue against the fury of his wrath? His indignation has broken out like a fire, and the rocks have been dissolved before him. 7 Nah 1, 7 The Lord is good, and a comforter in the day of tribulation, and he knows those who hope in him. 8 Nah 1, 8 And in the flood that passes over, he brings to consummation the end of his place. And darkness shall pursue his adversaries. 9 Nah 1, 9 What are you thinking up against the Lord? He will accomplish the consummation. There shall not rise up a double tribulation. 10 Nah 1, 10 For just as thorns entwine one another, so also, while they are feasting and drinking together, they will be consumed like stubble that is completely dry. 11 Nah 1, 11 Out of you will go forth one who thinks up evil against the Lord, dragging betrayals through his mind. 12 Nah 1, 12 Thus says the Lord: If they had been perfect, and many of them so, yet still they would be pruned, and it will cross through them. I have afflicted you, and I shall afflict you no more. 13 Nah 1, 13 And now I will shatter his rod from your back, and I will break open your bonds. 14 Nah 1, 14 And the Lord will place a commandment over you; nothing more from your name will be sown. From the house of your God, I will order destroyed the graven image and the molten image. I will prepare your grave, because you are not honorable. 15 Nah 1, 15 Behold, over the mountains, the feet of the Evangelizer and the Announcer of peace. Judah, celebrate your festivals and keep your vows. For Belial will never again pass through you; he has completely passed away.
Nah 1, 1-15
God is a rival, and the Lord is avenging. The Lord is avenging, and one who applies wrath. The Lord is avenging with his enemies, and he becomes angry with his adversaries.
Ex 20:5 - You shall not adore them, nor shall you worship them. I am the Lord your God: strong, zealous, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the sons to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
Behold, over the mountains, the feet of the Evangelizer and the Announcer of peace. Judah, celebrate your festivals and keep your vows. For Belial will never again pass through you; he has completely passed away.
Iz 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger and the preacher of peace! Announcing good and preaching peace, they are saying to Zion, “Your God will reign!”
Rim 10:15 - And truly, in what way will they preach, unless they have been sent, just as it has been written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who evangelize peace, of those who evangelize what is good!”
The mountains have trembled before him, and the hills have become desolate, and the earth has quaked before his face, both the world and all that dwells in it.
Ex 19:18 - Then all of Mount Sinai was smoking. For the Lord had descended over it with fire, and smoke ascended from it, as from a furnace. And the entire mountain was terrible.
Ž 18:7 - his departure is from the summit of heaven. And his course reaches all the way to its summit. Neither is there anyone who can hide himself from his heat.
Ž 29:5 - Sing a psalm to the Lord, you his saints, and confess with remembrance of his holiness.
Ž 97:4 - Sing joyfully to God, all the earth. Sing and exult, and sing psalms.
Ž 114:4 - And so, I called upon the name of the Lord. O Lord, free my soul.
The Lord is good, and a comforter in the day of tribulation, and he knows those who hope in him.
Joe 3:16 - And the Lord will roar from Zion and utter his voice from Jerusalem. And the heavens and the earth will be moved. And the Lord will be the hope of his people and the strength of the sons of Israel.
- O Nahumovi a jeho vlasti pozri úvod k tomuto prorokovi. O Ninive Jon 1,2. Nah 1,2
- Boh je žiarlivý na modly, nestrpí, aby človek dával modlám úctu, ktorá patrí len jemu; porov. Ex 20,5; 34,14; Dt 4,24; 5,9; tiež Iz 42,8; 48,11. Pomstivosť a hnev u Boha nie je náruživosť. Sväté písmo podobnými ľudskými vlastnosťami zvýrazňuje Božiu spravodlivosť, ktorá nestrpí konečné víťazstvo zla. Nah 1,4
- O Bášane pozri pozn. k Iz 2,13; o Karmeli Iz 33,9. Nah 1,8
- "Skoncuje so svojimi protivníkmi" prekladáme na základe LXX. Dnešný hebrejský text a s ním aj Vulg číta: "skoncuje s jej miestom", pričom tieto osnovy myslia bezpochyby, že Boh skoncuje s mestom Ninive. Nah 1,9
- Zmysel: Netreba si myslieť, že Boh nechá Ninive bez trestu. Tak ho zničí, že druhého zákroku nebude treba. Obyvatelia mesta zhynú, ako hynie v ohni pleva alebo husto pospletané tŕnie. Obrany nebudú schopní ako opilci. Nah 1,11-14
- V 11. verši hovorí prorok k Ninive, vo veršoch 12–13 k Júdsku a Jeruzalemu a v 14. verši k asýrskemu kráľovi alebo k Asýrom vôbec. V 11. verši myslí prorok azda na Sennacheriba, ktorý chcel obyvateľov Júdska presídliť, porov. Iz 36,17. Asýrom nepomôže ani ich moc, ani ich početnosť, zahynú a Júdsko takto strasie ich jarmo.