Listen, O heavens, and pay attention, O earth, for the Lord has spoken. I have nurtured and raised children, but they have spurned me.
Dt 32:1 - “Listen, O heavens, to what I am saying. Let the earth hear the words of my mouth.
Woe to a sinful nation, a people burdened by iniquity, a wicked offspring, accursed children. They have abandoned the Lord. They have blasphemed the Holy One of Israel. They been taken away backwards.
Ž 78:8 - Do not remember our iniquities of the past. May your mercies quickly intercept us, for we have become exceedingly poor.
Iz 57:3 - But come here, you sons of the prophetess, you offspring of an adulterous man and a fornicating woman.
For what reason shall I continue to strike you, as you increase transgressions? The entire head is feeble, and the entire heart is grieving.
2Krn 28:22 - Moreover, in the time of his anguish, he also added to his contempt against the Lord. King Ahaz himself, by 252 himself,
Jer 2:30 - I have struck your children to no effect; they have not accepted discipline. Your own sword has devoured your prophets. Your generation is like a raging lion.
Your land is desolate. Your cities have been set ablaze. Foreigners devour your countryside in your sight, and it will become desolate, as if devastated by enemies.
Dt 28:51 - And he will devour the fruit of your cattle, and the fruits of your land, until you have passed away, without leaving behind you wheat, or wine, or oil, or herds of oxen, or flocks of sheep: until he utterly destroys you.
Iz 5:5 - And now, I will reveal to you what I will do to my vineyard. I will take away its fence, and it will be plundered. I will pull down its wall, and it will be trampled.
If the Lord of hosts had not bequeathed us offspring, we would have been like Sodom, and we would have been comparable to Gomorrah.
Iz 17:6 - And what is left behind in it will be like one cluster of grapes, or like a shaken olive tree with two or three olives at the top of a branch, or like four or five olives at the top of a tree, says the Lord God of Israel.
Iz 24:6 - Because of this, a curse will devour the earth, and its inhabitants will sin. And for this reason, its caretakers will become crazed, and few men will be left behind.
Iz 30:17 - A thousand men will flee in terror from the face of one, and you will flee in terror from the face of five, until you who have been left behind are like the mast of a ship at the top of a mountain, or like a sign on a hill.
Rim 9:29 - And it is just as Isaiah predicted: “Unless the Lord of hosts had bequeathed offspring, we would have become like Sodom, and we would have been made similar to Gomorrah.”
Gn 19:24 - Therefore, the Lord rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah sulphur and fire, from the Lord, out of heaven.
The 398 multitude of your sacrifices, what is that to me, says the Lord? I am full. I do not desire holocausts of rams, nor the fat of fatlings, nor the blood of calves and of lambs and of he-goats.
Ž 50:8 - For behold, you have loved truth. The obscure and hidden things of your wisdom, you have manifested to me.
Prís 15:8 - The sacrifices of the impious are abominable to the Lord. The vows of the just are appeasing.
Prís 21:27 - The sacrifices of the impious are abominable, because they are offered out of wickedness.
Iz 66:3 - Whoever immolates an ox, it is as if he slaughters a man. Whoever sacrifices a sheep, it is as if he is smashing the head of a dog. Whoever offers an oblation, it is as if he is offering swine’s blood. Whoever makes remembrance with incense, it is as if he is blessing an idol. All these things, they have chosen according to their own ways, and their soul has taken delight in their own abominations.
Jer 6:20 - For what reason are you bringing me frankincense from Sheba, and sweet smelling reeds from a far away land? Your holocausts are not acceptable, and your sacrifices are not pleasing to me.”
Am 5:22 - For if you offer me holocausts and your gifts, I will not receive them; and I will not look upon the vows of your fatness.
And so, when you extend your hands, I will avert my eyes from you. And when you multiply your prayers, I will not heed you. For your hands are full of blood.
Prís 1:28 - then they will call to me, and I will not heed, they will arise in the morning, and not find me.
Wash, become clean, take away the evil of your intentions from my eyes. Cease to act perversely.
Ž 34:14 - Like a neighbor, and like our brother, so did I please; like one mourning and contrite, so was I humbled.
Ž 37:27 -
Am 5:15 - Hate evil and love good, and establish judgment at the gate. Perhaps then the Lord God of hosts may have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.
Rim 12:9 - Let love be without falseness: hating evil, clinging to what is good,
And then approach and accuse me, says the Lord. Then, if your sins are like scarlet, they shall be made white like snow; and if they are red like vermillion, they shall become white like wool.
Ž 51:7 - Because of this, God will destroy you in the end. He will pull you up, and he will remove you from your tabernacle and your root from the land of the living.
Your silver has turned into dross. Your wine has been mixed with water.
Ez 22:18 - “Son of man, the house of Israel has become like dross to me. All these are brass, and tin, and iron, and lead in the midst of the furnace; they have become like the dross of silver.
Oz 4:18 - Their feasting has been set aside; they have committed fornication after fornication. They love to bring disgrace to their protectors.
Your leaders are unfaithful, the associates of thieves. They all love gifts; they pursue rewards. They do not judge for orphans, and the widow’s case is not brought before them.
Jer 5:28 - They have grown stout and fat. And they have transgressed my words most wickedly. They have not judged the case of the widow; they have not given guidance to the case of the orphan; and they have not judged a judgment for the poor.
Za 7:10 - And do not find fault with the widow, and the orphan, and the newcomer, and the poor. And let not a man consider evil in his heart towards his brother.
Because of this, the Lord God of hosts, the Strength of Israel, says: Ah! I will be consoled over my enemies, and I will be vindicated from my adversaries.
Dt 28:63 - And just as before, when the Lord rejoiced over you, doing good for you and multiplying you, so shall he rejoice, scattering and overturning you, so as to take you away from the land, which you shall enter in order to possess.
And I will turn my hand to you. And I will temper your dross unto purity, and I will take away all your tin.
Jer 6:29 - The bellows has failed; the lead has been consumed by fire; the molten metal was melted to no purpose. For their wickedness has not been consumed.
Mal 3:3 - And he will sit refining and cleansing the silver, and he will purge the sons of Levi, and he will gather them like gold and like silver, and they will offer sacrifices to the Lord in justice.
And he shall crush the accursed and sinners together. And those who have abandoned the Lord will be consumed.
Jób 31:3 - Is not destruction held for the wicked and repudiation kept for those who work injustice?
Ž 1:6 - For the Lord knows the way of the just. And the path of the impious will pass away.
Ž 5:5 - In the morning, I will stand before you, and I will see. For you are not a God who wills iniquity.
Ž 73:27 -
Ž 92:9 -
Ž 104:35 - And it devoured all the grass in their land, and it consumed all the fruit of their land.
- O Izaiášovi, o jeho otcovi aj o kráľoch, ktorí sa v tomto verši spomínajú, bližšie v úvode k prorokovi Izaiášovi. O prorockých videniach v spoločnom úvode do prorockých kníh. Iz 1,4
- Izaiáš často dáva Bohu meno "Svätý Izraela". V iných knihách je tento názov zriedkavý. Iz 1,8
- Na hore Sion stálo Dávidovo mesto (porov. 2 Sam 5,7–9) s kráľovským palácom, preto sa celý Jeruzalem často volá Sionom. Krajiny a mestá pokladali staré východné národy semitské za ženské bytosti, preto im dávali prímenie: "dcéra", kvitnúce dievča. Po spustošení ostatných miest trčí Jeruzalem uprostred krajiny ako opustené koliby na poli v jeseni po zobraní úrody. Iz 1,9
- Proroci často prízvukujú, že sa z vyvoleného národa zachránia len zvyšky (Iz 10,21 n.; Am 3,12; Mich 7,18; Jer 30,11; Ez 5,3; Sof 3,13 atď.). Aj do Cirkvi vstúpila len malá čiastka tohto národa. V tomto zmysle cituje tento verš sv. Pavol (Rim 9,29). Iz 1,10
- Prorok nebojácne a právom prirovnáva ľud a jeho kniežatá k obyvateľom Sodomy a Gomory. Iz 1,11-15
- Izraeliti prinášali v jeruzalemskom chráme Pánovi obety, ale prinášali ich bez nábožného ducha; takéto obety nie sú Pánovi ľúbeznou vôňou, ale dymom. Kto prichádzal do chrámu bez pobožnosti, zbytočne rozšliapaval jeho nádvoria. Ľud mal prístup len do nádvoria, do samého chrámu smeli len kňazi a do veľsvätyne len veľkňaz, aj to len raz do roka na Deň zmierenia. – Bolo zvykom modliť sa s roztiahnutými rukami. Ruky plné krvi sú nielen ruky vrahov, ale i ruky všetkých, čo hrešia proti láske k blížnemu a vôbec ruky hriešnikov. Iz 1,18
- Boh vo Svätom písme často volá hriešnikov, aby sa s ním išli pravotiť. Je prirodzené, že by takúto pravotu len Boh mohol vyhrať. – Červená farba, farba krvi, je aj farbou hriechu (porov. v. 15, tiež Ž 51,16). Šarlátovú farbu získavali z výrastkov na listoch akéhosi duba (Quercus coccifera), zapríčinených voškami, ktoré na listy duba kladú vajíčka. Purpur dostávali z tela slimákovitých živočíchov. Tu však vlastne ani nie je reč o purpure. Prorok dva razy spomína šarlát: raz šarlátovú farbu a raz červíčka, vošku, ktorá farbu dodáva. Iz 1,21
- Zmluva, ktorú Boh uzavrel s národom, často sa predstavuje ako zmluva manželská: Boh je manžel, národ manželka (Oz hl. 1 – 13; Jer hl. 2 n.; Ez hl. 16; celá Veľpieseň: porov. Ef 5,23–32). Izrael sa dopúšťa cudzoložstva, keď slúži cudzím bohom, alebo ináč prestupuje Boží zákon, pretože porušuje manželskú vernosť. Iz 1,24
- Vo Svätom písme sa Bohu často pripisujú ľudské city, ako tu pomsta, hoci on netresce z pomsty, ale zo spravodlivosti. Iz 1,25
- Boh vyhubí z národa, čo je bezcenné, hriešne, a zachráni, čo je spravodlivé. Iz 1,27
- Rozumej: Na národ príde Božie dopustenie, ale Boh zachráni tých, čo sa obrátia, a zahynú len hriešnici. Iz 1,29
- Kanaánski pohania a podľa ich príkladu často aj Izraeliti konali modloslužbu pod košatými stromami, najmä terebintami, a v posvätných záhradách a hájoch.