Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD has spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
Dt 32:1 - "Give ear, O all of you heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. "
Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
Ž 78:8 - "And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not steadfast with God. "
Iz 57:3 - But draw near here, all of you sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the whore.
Why should all of you be stricken any more? all of you will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
2Krn 28:22 - And in the time of his distress did he trespass yet more against the LORD: this is that king Ahaz.
Jer 2:30 - "In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction: your own sword has devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion. "
Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.
Dt 28:51 - And he shall eat the fruit of your cattle, and the fruit of your land, until you be destroyed: which also shall not leave you either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of your cattle, or flocks of your sheep, until he have destroyed you.
Iz 5:5 - "And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down: "
Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
Iz 17:6 - Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the utmost fruitful branches thereof, says the LORD God of Israel.
Iz 24:6 - Therefore has the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
Iz 30:17 - "One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five shall all of you flee: till all of you be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and as an explicit sign on an hill. "
Rim 9:29 - And as Isaiah said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.
Gn 19:24 - "Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven; "
"To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? says the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. "
Ž 50:8 - I will not reprove you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.
Prís 15:8 - The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
Prís 21:27 - The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he brings it with a wicked mind?
Iz 66:3 - "He that kills an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrifices a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offers an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burns incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations. "
Jer 6:20 - To what purpose comes there to me incense from Sheba, and the sweet cane from a far country? your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me.
Am 5:22 - Though all of you offer me burnt offerings and your food offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.
And when all of you spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when all of you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
Prís 1:28 - "Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: "
"Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; "
Ž 34:14 - "Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. "
Ž 37:27 - "Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore. "
Am 5:15 - Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
Rim 12:9 - "Let love (o. agape) be without dissimulation. Detest that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. "
"Come now, and let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. "
Ž 51:7 - Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Your silver is become dross, your wine mixed with water:
Ez 22:18 - "Son of man, the house of Israel is to me become dross: all they are brass, and tin, and iron, and lead, in the midst of the furnace; they are even the dross of silver. "
Oz 4:18 - Their drink is sour: they have committed whoredom continually: her rulers with shame do love, Give all of you.
Your princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loves gifts, and follows after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither does the cause of the widow come unto them.
Jer 5:28 - "They are becoming fat, they shine: yea, they pass over the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge. "
Za 7:10 - "And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart. "
Therefore says the LORD, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
Dt 28:63 - "And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nothing; and all of you shall be plucked from off the land where you go to possess it. "
And I will turn my hand upon you, and thoroughly purge away your dross, and take away all your tin:
Jer 6:29 - "The bellows are burned, the lead is consumed of the fire; the founder melts in vain: for the wicked are not plucked away. "
Mal 3:3 - And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
Jób 31:3 - Is not destruction to the wicked? and a strange punishment to the workers of iniquity?
Ž 1:6 - For the LORD knows the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
Ž 5:5 - The foolish shall not stand in your sight: you hate all workers of iniquity.
Ž 73:27 - For, lo, they that are far from you shall perish: you have destroyed all them that go a whoring from you.
Ž 92:9 - "For, lo, your enemies, O LORD, for, lo, your enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered. "
Ž 104:35 - Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless you the LORD, O my soul. Praise all of you the LORD.
- O Izaiášovi, o jeho otcovi aj o kráľoch, ktorí sa v tomto verši spomínajú, bližšie v úvode k prorokovi Izaiášovi. O prorockých videniach v spoločnom úvode do prorockých kníh. Iz 1,4
- Izaiáš často dáva Bohu meno "Svätý Izraela". V iných knihách je tento názov zriedkavý. Iz 1,8
- Na hore Sion stálo Dávidovo mesto (porov. 2 Sam 5,7–9) s kráľovským palácom, preto sa celý Jeruzalem často volá Sionom. Krajiny a mestá pokladali staré východné národy semitské za ženské bytosti, preto im dávali prímenie: "dcéra", kvitnúce dievča. Po spustošení ostatných miest trčí Jeruzalem uprostred krajiny ako opustené koliby na poli v jeseni po zobraní úrody. Iz 1,9
- Proroci často prízvukujú, že sa z vyvoleného národa zachránia len zvyšky (Iz 10,21 n.; Am 3,12; Mich 7,18; Jer 30,11; Ez 5,3; Sof 3,13 atď.). Aj do Cirkvi vstúpila len malá čiastka tohto národa. V tomto zmysle cituje tento verš sv. Pavol (Rim 9,29). Iz 1,10
- Prorok nebojácne a právom prirovnáva ľud a jeho kniežatá k obyvateľom Sodomy a Gomory. Iz 1,11-15
- Izraeliti prinášali v jeruzalemskom chráme Pánovi obety, ale prinášali ich bez nábožného ducha; takéto obety nie sú Pánovi ľúbeznou vôňou, ale dymom. Kto prichádzal do chrámu bez pobožnosti, zbytočne rozšliapaval jeho nádvoria. Ľud mal prístup len do nádvoria, do samého chrámu smeli len kňazi a do veľsvätyne len veľkňaz, aj to len raz do roka na Deň zmierenia. – Bolo zvykom modliť sa s roztiahnutými rukami. Ruky plné krvi sú nielen ruky vrahov, ale i ruky všetkých, čo hrešia proti láske k blížnemu a vôbec ruky hriešnikov. Iz 1,18
- Boh vo Svätom písme často volá hriešnikov, aby sa s ním išli pravotiť. Je prirodzené, že by takúto pravotu len Boh mohol vyhrať. – Červená farba, farba krvi, je aj farbou hriechu (porov. v. 15, tiež Ž 51,16). Šarlátovú farbu získavali z výrastkov na listoch akéhosi duba (Quercus coccifera), zapríčinených voškami, ktoré na listy duba kladú vajíčka. Purpur dostávali z tela slimákovitých živočíchov. Tu však vlastne ani nie je reč o purpure. Prorok dva razy spomína šarlát: raz šarlátovú farbu a raz červíčka, vošku, ktorá farbu dodáva. Iz 1,21
- Zmluva, ktorú Boh uzavrel s národom, často sa predstavuje ako zmluva manželská: Boh je manžel, národ manželka (Oz hl. 1 – 13; Jer hl. 2 n.; Ez hl. 16; celá Veľpieseň: porov. Ef 5,23–32). Izrael sa dopúšťa cudzoložstva, keď slúži cudzím bohom, alebo ináč prestupuje Boží zákon, pretože porušuje manželskú vernosť. Iz 1,24
- Vo Svätom písme sa Bohu často pripisujú ľudské city, ako tu pomsta, hoci on netresce z pomsty, ale zo spravodlivosti. Iz 1,25
- Boh vyhubí z národa, čo je bezcenné, hriešne, a zachráni, čo je spravodlivé. Iz 1,27
- Rozumej: Na národ príde Božie dopustenie, ale Boh zachráni tých, čo sa obrátia, a zahynú len hriešnici. Iz 1,29
- Kanaánski pohania a podľa ich príkladu často aj Izraeliti konali modloslužbu pod košatými stromami, najmä terebintami, a v posvätných záhradách a hájoch.