1. kniha Samuelova
Biblia - Sväté písmo
(UKJV - Anglický - Updated King James)
1Sam 1, 1-28
1 1Sam 1, 1 Now there was a certain man of Ramathaimzophim, of mount Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephrathite: 2 1Sam 1, 2 "And he had two wives; the name of the one was Hannah, and the name of the other Peninnah: and Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children. " 3 1Sam 1, 3 And this man went up out of his city yearly to worship and to sacrifice unto the LORD of hosts in Shiloh. And the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, the priests of the LORD, were there. 4 1Sam 1, 4 And when the time was that Elkanah offered, he gave to Peninnah his wife, and to all her sons and her daughters, portions: 5 1Sam 1, 5 "But unto Hannah he gave a worthy portion; for he loved Hannah: but the LORD had shut up her womb. " 6 1Sam 1, 6 And her adversary also provoked her sore, in order to make her fret, because the LORD had shut up her womb. 7 1Sam 1, 7 "And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the LORD, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat. " 8 1Sam 1, 8 Then said Elkanah her husband to her, Hannah, why weep you? and why eat you not? and why is your heart grieved? am not I better to you than ten sons? 9 1Sam 1, 9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the LORD. 10 1Sam 1, 10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore. 11 1Sam 1, 11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if you will indeed look on the affliction of your handmaid, and remember me, and not forget your handmaid, but will give unto your handmaid a male child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head. 12 1Sam 1, 12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth. 13 1Sam 1, 13 "Now Hannah, she spoke in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. " 14 1Sam 1, 14 And Eli said unto her, How long will you be drunken? put away your wine from you. 15 1Sam 1, 15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD. 16 1Sam 1, 16 Count not your handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken until now. 17 1Sam 1, 17 Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant you your petition that you have asked of him. 18 1Sam 1, 18 And she said, Let your handmaid find grace in your sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad. 19 1Sam 1, 19 "And they rose up in the morning early, and worshipped before the LORD, and returned, and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the LORD remembered her. " 20 1Sam 1, 20 Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bare a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, Because I have asked him of the LORD. 21 1Sam 1, 21 And the man Elkanah, and all his house, went up to offer unto the LORD the yearly sacrifice, and his vow. 22 1Sam 1, 22 "But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up until the child be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appear before the LORD, and there abide for ever. " 23 1Sam 1, 23 "And Elkanah her husband said unto her, Do what seems you good; tarry until you have weaned him; only the LORD establish his word. So the woman abode, and gave her son suck until she weaned him. " 24 1Sam 1, 24 And when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with three bullocks, and one ephah of flour, and a bottle of wine, and brought him unto the house of the LORD in Shiloh: and the child was young. 25 1Sam 1, 25 And they slew a bullock, and brought the child to Eli. 26 1Sam 1, 26 And she said, Oh my lord, as your soul lives, my lord, I am the woman that stood by you here, praying unto the LORD. 27 1Sam 1, 27 "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him: " 28 1Sam 1, 28 "Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he lives he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there. "
1Sam 1, 1-28
Now there was a certain man of Ramathaimzophim, of mount Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephrathite:
1Krn 6:26 - "As for Elkanah: the sons of Elkanah; Zophai his son, and Nahath his son, "
And this man went up out of his city yearly to worship and to sacrifice unto the LORD of hosts in Shiloh. And the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, the priests of the LORD, were there.
Ex 23:14 - Three times you shall keep a feast unto me in the year.
Dt 16:16 - "Three times in a year shall all your males appear before the LORD your God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty: "
Then said Elkanah her husband to her, Hannah, why weep you? and why eat you not? and why is your heart grieved? am not I better to you than ten sons?
Rút 4:15 - And he shall be unto you a restorer of your life, and a nourisher of your old age: for your daughter in law, which loves you, which is better to you than seven sons, has born him.
And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if you will indeed look on the affliction of your handmaid, and remember me, and not forget your handmaid, but will give unto your handmaid a male child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.
Sdc 13:5 - "For, lo, you shall conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines. "
And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.
Ž 62:8 - "Trust in him at all times; all of you people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. "
And when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with three bullocks, and one ephah of flour, and a bottle of wine, and brought him unto the house of the LORD in Shiloh: and the child was young.
Lk 2:41 - Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.
- Je viac miest, s ktorými stotožňujú Elkánovo bydlisko, Ramataim-Sofim. Najpravdepodobnejšie je to dnešné Bét-Rímá, vzdialené na 5 hodín od Lydy (Lydda, Diospolis, dnešný Lud). Toto mestečko leží na dvoch kopcoch a meno Ramataim skutočne znamená: "Dva kopce". – Elkána nebol Efraimec (Efratejec) rodom, nepochádzal z kmeňa Efraim, ale z kmeňa Lévi (porov. 1 Krn 6,12 n. a 6,18 n.). Volal sa Efratejec, lebo býval na území kmeňa Efraim, kde Jozue pridelil jeho rodu mestá (Joz 21,5.20). O Efraimskom pohorí pozri nižšie pozn. k 9,4. 1Sam 1,2
- Ako niektorí patriarchovia (Abrahám, Jakub) aj Elkána žil celkom dobromyseľne v mnohoženstve. Boh to ani v Starom zákone nikdy nepovolil, ani neschvaľoval, len trpel, hoci sa to priečilo jeho pôvodnému ustanoveniu (Gn 1,27 n. a 2,20 n.). 1Sam 1,3
- Vo Svätom písme prvý raz tu sa volá Boh Pánom zástupov, vojsk (sabaoth). Jeho vojská sú anjeli, nebeské telesá (hviezdy) a tiež vojská Izraelitov, ktoré chodili do boja pod jeho vedením. Šílo, dnešné Selím, je asi 5 hodín od Jeruzalema smerom k Sichemu, dnešnému Nablusu. 1Sam 1,9
- Čo je v zátvorkách, doplnili sme podľa LXX. – Anna išla do chrámu, kde býval Pán. 1Sam 1,11
- Samuel ako levita mal byť i tak v službe Pánovej, ale len od 25. alebo 30. roku do 50. Anna ho zasväcuje od útlej mladosti do smrti. Okrem toho sa zaväzuje, že jej syn bude nazirejcom (pozri Nm 6,2 n.). 1Sam 1,12-14
- Pri nedbalých kňazoch, ako boli synovia Héliho, častejšie mohlo sa prihodiť, že sa Izraeliti pri obetných hostinách podnapili. 1Sam 1,16
- Beliál (naničhodný) je diabol. Dcéra beliálova je naničhodnica, hriešnica. 1Sam 1,19
- Ráma je to isté mesto, ktoré sa v 1. verši volá Ramataim-Sofim. 1Sam 1,20
- Začiatok verša zneje v pôvodine doslovne: "A keď zbehli dni", t. j. "keď sa vrátili tie isté dni roka". – Meno Samuel znamená: Vyslyšal Boh. 1Sam 1,23
- U Izraelitov dojčili matky oveľa dlhšie než u nás (porov. napr. 2 Mach 7,27). 1Sam 1,24
- Podľa LXX vzali len jedného trojročného býčka (porov. v. 25), čo je pravdepodobnejšie. – Efa je asi 36 litrov. – Víno uschovávali v kožených mechoch. Všetky tieto veci potrebovali na obetu.