Kniha proroka Nahum
Biblia - Sväté písmo
(UKJV - Anglický - Updated King James)
Nah 1, 1-15
1 Nah 1, 1 The burden of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite. 2 Nah 1, 2 "God is jealous, and the LORD revenges; the LORD revenges, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserves wrath for his enemies. " 3 Nah 1, 3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD has his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet. 4 Nah 1, 4 He rebukes the sea, and makes it dry, and dries up all the rivers: Bashan languishes, and Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon languishes. 5 Nah 1, 5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein. 6 Nah 1, 6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him. 7 Nah 1, 7 "The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knows them that trust in him. " 8 Nah 1, 8 But with a surpassing flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies. 9 Nah 1, 9 What do all of you imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time. 10 Nah 1, 10 For while they be folded together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry. 11 Nah 1, 11 There is one come out of you, that imagines evil against the LORD, a wicked counsellor. 12 Nah 1, 12 "Thus says the LORD; Though they be quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I have afflicted you, I will afflict you no more. " 13 Nah 1, 13 For now will I break his yoke from off you, and will burst your bonds in two. 14 Nah 1, 14 "And the LORD has given a commandment concerning you, that no more of your name be sown: out of the house of your gods will I cut off the graven image and the molten image: I will make your grave; for you are vile. " 15 Nah 1, 15 "Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that brings good tidings, that publishes peace! O Judah, keep your solemn feasts, perform your vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through you; he is utterly cut off. "
Nah 1, 1-15
"God is jealous, and the LORD revenges; the LORD revenges, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserves wrath for his enemies. "
Ex 20:5 - "You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; "
"Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that brings good tidings, that publishes peace! O Judah, keep your solemn feasts, perform your vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through you; he is utterly cut off. "
Iz 52:7 - "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that brings good tidings, that publishes peace; that brings good tidings of good, that publishes salvation; that says unto Zion, Your God reigns! "
Rim 10:15 - And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
Ex 19:18 - And mount Sinai was altogether smoking, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.
Ž 18:7 - "Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was angry. "
Ž 29:5 - "The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; yea, the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon. "
Ž 97:4 - His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.
Ž 114:4 - The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs.
"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knows them that trust in him. "
Joe 3:16 - "The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. "
- O Nahumovi a jeho vlasti pozri úvod k tomuto prorokovi. O Ninive Jon 1,2. Nah 1,2
- Boh je žiarlivý na modly, nestrpí, aby človek dával modlám úctu, ktorá patrí len jemu; porov. Ex 20,5; 34,14; Dt 4,24; 5,9; tiež Iz 42,8; 48,11. Pomstivosť a hnev u Boha nie je náruživosť. Sväté písmo podobnými ľudskými vlastnosťami zvýrazňuje Božiu spravodlivosť, ktorá nestrpí konečné víťazstvo zla. Nah 1,4
- O Bášane pozri pozn. k Iz 2,13; o Karmeli Iz 33,9. Nah 1,8
- "Skoncuje so svojimi protivníkmi" prekladáme na základe LXX. Dnešný hebrejský text a s ním aj Vulg číta: "skoncuje s jej miestom", pričom tieto osnovy myslia bezpochyby, že Boh skoncuje s mestom Ninive. Nah 1,9
- Zmysel: Netreba si myslieť, že Boh nechá Ninive bez trestu. Tak ho zničí, že druhého zákroku nebude treba. Obyvatelia mesta zhynú, ako hynie v ohni pleva alebo husto pospletané tŕnie. Obrany nebudú schopní ako opilci. Nah 1,11-14
- V 11. verši hovorí prorok k Ninive, vo veršoch 12–13 k Júdsku a Jeruzalemu a v 14. verši k asýrskemu kráľovi alebo k Asýrom vôbec. V 11. verši myslí prorok azda na Sennacheriba, ktorý chcel obyvateľov Júdska presídliť, porov. Iz 36,17. Asýrom nepomôže ani ich moc, ani ich početnosť, zahynú a Júdsko takto strasie ich jarmo.