Kniha proroka Sofoniáša
Biblia - Sväté písmo
(CPDV - Anglický - Catholic PD)
Sof 1, 1-18
1 Sof 1, 1 The word of the Lord that came to Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hezekiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah. 2 Sof 1, 2 While gathering, I will gather together all things from the face of the earth, says the Lord. 3 Sof 1, 3 I will gather man and cattle; I will gather the flying things of the air and the fish of the sea. And the impious will be a catastrophe. And I will disperse men before the face of the earth, says the Lord. 4 Sof 1, 4 And I will extend my hand over Judah and over all the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And I will disperse from this place the remnant of Baal, and the names of the administrators along with the priests, 5 Sof 1, 5 and those who adore the military campaign over the ceiling of the sky, both those who adore and swear by the Lord, and those who swear by Melchom, 6 Sof 1, 6 both those who turn aside from following after the Lord, and those who have not sought the Lord, nor inquired about him. 7 Sof 1, 7 Be silent before the face of the Lord God. For the day of the Lord is near; for the Lord has prepared a victim, he has sanctified those he has called. 8 Sof 1, 8 And this shall be: in the day of the victim of the Lord, I will visit upon the leaders, and upon the sons of the king, and upon all who have been clothed with strange garments. 9 Sof 1, 9 And I will visit upon all who enter arrogantly over the threshold in that day, those who fill the house of the Lord their God with iniquity and deceit. 10 Sof 1, 10 And this shall be in that day, says the Lord: the voice of an outcry from the fish gate, and a howling from the Second, and a great contrition from the hills. 11 Sof 1, 11 Howl, inhabitants of the Pillar. All the people of Canaan have fallen silent. All were ruined who had been wrapped in silver. 12 Sof 1, 12 And this shall be in that time: I will scrutinize Jerusalem with lamps, and I will visit upon the men who have become stuck in the dregs, who say in their hearts, “The Lord will not do good, and he will not do evil.” 13 Sof 1, 13 And their strength will be in plundering, and their houses in the desert. And they will build houses and not dwell in them, and they will plant vineyards and not drink their wine. 14 Sof 1, 14 The great day of the Lord is near; it is near and exceedingly swift. The voice of the day of the Lord is bitter; the strong will be tested there. 15 Sof 1, 15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of tribulation and anguish, a day of calamity and misery, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and whirlwinds, 16 Sof 1, 16 a day of the trumpet and the trumpet blast over fortified cities and over exalted ramparts. 17 Sof 1, 17 And I will trouble men, and they will walk like the blind, because they have sinned against the Lord. And their blood will be poured out like soil, and their bodies like manure. 18 Sof 1, 18 Neither their silver, nor their gold, will be able to free them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. All the land will be devoured in the fire of his zeal, for with all speed, he will bring to consummation every inhabitant of the land.
Sof 1, 1-18
Neither their silver, nor their gold, will be able to free them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. All the land will be devoured in the fire of his zeal, for with all speed, he will bring to consummation every inhabitant of the land.
Prís 11:4 - Wealth will not profit in the day of vengeance. But justice shall liberate from death.
Ez 7:19 - Their silver will be thrown away, and their gold will be like a dunghill. Their silver and their gold will have no power to free them in the day of the fury of the Lord. They will not satisfy their soul, and their bellies will 470 not be filled, because of the scandal of their iniquity.
Sof 1:14 - The great day of the Lord is near; it is near and exceedingly swift. The voice of the day of the Lord is bitter; the strong will be tested there.
both those who turn aside from following after the Lord, and those who have not sought the Lord, nor inquired about him.
Iz 1:4 - Woe to a sinful nation, a people burdened by iniquity, a wicked offspring, accursed children. They have abandoned the Lord. They have blasphemed the Holy One of Israel. They been taken away backwards.
Iz 59:13 - sinning and lying against the Lord. And we have turned away, not so as to go after our God, and so that we were speaking calumny and transgression. We have conceived, and spoken from the heart, words of falsehood.
Jer 15:6 - You have abandoned me, says the Lord. You have gone backwards. And so, I will extend my hand over you, and I will destroy you. I have labored to plead with you.
That day is a day of wrath, a day of tribulation and anguish, a day of calamity and misery, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and whirlwinds,
Joe 2:1 - Blow the trumpet in Zion, wail on my holy mountain, let all the inhabitants of the land be stirred up. For the day of the Lord is on its way; for it is near:
- O Sofoniášovi a jeho rode pozri úvod k tomuto prorokovi. Sof 1,4-6
- Júdsku sa vyčíta, že popri Pánovi sa klania aj modlám. O báloch pozri pozn. k 1 Sam 7,3–4. O vojsku nebies porov. pozn. k Jer 8,2; o Melkomovi (Molochovi) pozn. k 2 Sam 12,30. Sof 1,7
- Pánov deň pozri pozn. k Iz 2,12. K obrazu o obetách pozn. k Jer 46,10; Ez 39,17. Pán povolá nepriateľov, aby vykonali na Júdsku trest. Sof 1,8
- Prorok zazlieva napodobňovanie cudzej módy v obliekaní. Sof 1,9
- Výklad verša je neistý. Možno azda myslieť na to, že Izraeliti napodobňovali Filištíncov, ktorí nevkročili na prah Dagonovho chrámu. Príčinu pozri 1 Sam 5,4 n. Sof 1,10
- O Rybnej bráne pozri pozn. k 2 Krn 33,14. – Nevieme, či sa výrazom "druhej" označuje brána a či nejaká časť mesta. Niektorí prekladajú: "jajkanie od nového mesta". Sof 1,11
- Nevieme, ktoré jeruzalemské údolie sa volalo Možiarom. Bývali tam kupci. Kupectvom sa zaoberali pôvodne Kanaánci, preto volali aj židovských kupcov Kanaánčanmi. O vážení striebra Iz 55,1. Sof 1,12
- Ľudí, ktorí sa cítia v bezpečí a neboja sa trestu, pretože popierajú Božiu prozreteľnosť, prirovnáva prorok k vínu na droždí. Sof 1,14
- "Pánovým dňom" hrozí prorok Júdsku pre jeho hriešnosť a modloslužbu, ktorú potom kráľ Joziáš odstránil. Robí to rozličnými obrazmi, aby blížiacu sa hrozbu poslucháčom lepšie objasnil. Sof 1,16
- Proti opevneným mestám zazneje trúba a bojový lomoz nepriateľa.