Kniha proroka Abdiáša
Biblia - Sväté písmo
(CPDV - Anglický - Catholic PD)
Abd 1, 1-21
1 Abd 1, 1 The vision of Obadiah. Thus says the Lord God to Edom: We have heard a report from the Lord, and he has sent an envoy to the nations: “Arise, and let us together rise up in battle against him.” 2 Abd 1, 2 Behold, I have made you little among the nations. You are greatly contemptible. 3 Abd 1, 3 The arrogance of your heart has lifted you up, living in the clefts of the rocks, exalting your throne. You say in your heart, “Who will pull me down to the ground?” 4 Abd 1, 4 Though you have been lifted high like an eagle, and though you have placed your nest among the stars, from there I will pull you down, says the Lord. 5 Abd 1, 5 If thieves had approached you, if robbers by night, how would you have remained unnoticed? Would they not have stolen all that they wanted? If the grape-pickers had approached you, would they not have left you at least a cluster? 6 Abd 1, 6 In what way have they been examining Esau? They investigated his secrets. 7 Abd 1, 7 They have sent you out all the way to the limit. All the men of your alliance have deceived you. Your men of peace have prevailed against you. Those who eat with you will place snares under you. There is no foresight in him. 8 Abd 1, 8 Shall I not, in that day, says the Lord, wipe away understanding from Idumea and foresight from the mount of Esau? 9 Abd 1, 9 And your strong from the Meridian will be afraid, so that man may perish from the mount of Esau. 10 Abd 1, 10 Because of the execution, and because of the iniquity against your brother Jacob, confusion will cover you, and you will pass away into eternity. 11 Abd 1, 11 In the day when you stood against him, when strangers seized his army, and foreigners entered into his gates, and they cast lots over Jerusalem: you also were just like one of them. 12 Abd 1, 12 But you shall not show disdain for the day of your brother in the day of his sojourn. And you shall not rejoice over the sons of Judah in the day of their perdition. And you shall not magnify your mouth in the day of anguish. 13 Abd 1, 13 And neither shall you enter into the gate of my people in the day of their ruin. And neither shall you also show disdain for his troubles in the day of his desolation. And you shall not send out against his army in the day of his desolation. 14 Abd 1, 14 Neither shall you stand at the exits to execute those who will flee. And you shall not enclose their remnant in the day of tribulation. 15 Abd 1, 15 For the day of the Lord is near, over all nations. Just as you have done, so will it be done to you. He will turn back your retribution on your own head. 16 Abd 1, 16 For in the manner that you drank on my holy mountain, so shall all nations drink continually. And they will drink, and they will absorb, and they will be as if they were not. 17 Abd 1, 17 And on mount Zion there will be salvation, and it will be holy. And the house of Jacob will possess those who had possessed them. 18 Abd 1, 18 And the house of Jacob will be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau stubble. And they will be set on fire among them, and they will devour them. And there will be no remnant of the house of Esau, for the Lord has spoken. 19 Abd 1, 19 And those who are towards the South, and who are in the camps of the Philistines, will inherit the mount of Esau. And they will possess the region of Ephraim, and the region of Samaria. And Benjamin will possess Gilead. 20 Abd 1, 20 And the exiles of this army of the sons of Israel, all the places of the Canaanites all the way to Sarepta, and the exiles of Jerusalem who are in Bosphoro, will possess the cities of the South. 21 Abd 1, 21 And the saviors will ascend to mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau. And the kingdom will be for the Lord.
Abd 1, 1-21
The vision of Obadiah. Thus says the Lord God to Edom: We have heard a report from the Lord, and he has sent an envoy to the nations: “Arise, and let us together rise up in battle against him.”
Jer 49:14 - I have heard a report from the Lord, and an legate has been sent to the nations: ‘Gather yourselves together, and go forth against her, and let us rise up to battle.’
Though you have been lifted high like an eagle, and though you have placed your nest among the stars, from there I will pull you down, says the Lord.
Jer 49:16 - Your arrogance has deceived you, by the pride of your heart, you who live in the caverns of the rock and who strive to take hold of the height of the hill. But even if you make your nest like that of an eagle, I will pull you down from there, says the Lord. 456
If thieves had approached you, if robbers by night, how would you have remained unnoticed? Would they not have stolen all that they wanted? If the grape-pickers had approached you, would they not have left you at least a cluster?
Jer 49:9 - If those who gather grapes had passed by you, would they not have left behind a cluster? If there were thieves in the night, they would seize what was enough for themselves.
Shall I not, in that day, says the Lord, wipe away understanding from Idumea and foresight from the mount of Esau?
Jer 29:14 - And I will be found by you, says the Lord. And I will lead you back from your captivity. And I will gather you from all the nations and all the places, to which I have expelled you, says the Lord. And I will return you from the place to which I sent you into captivity.
Jer 49:7 - Against Idumea. Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Is there no longer any wisdom in Teman? Counsel has perished from the sons. Their wisdom has become useless.
And your strong from the Meridian will be afraid, so that man may perish from the mount of Esau.
Am 2:14 - And flight will perish from the swift, and the strong will not maintain his strength, and the healthy will not save his life.
Am 2:16 - And the stout of heart among the strong will flee away naked in that day, says the Lord.
Because of the execution, and because of the iniquity against your brother Jacob, confusion will cover you, and you will pass away into eternity.
Gn 27:41 - Therefore, Esau always hated Jacob, for the blessing with which his father had blessed him. And he said in his heart, “The days will arrive for the mourning of my father, and I will kill my brother Jacob.”
Ez 35:5 - For you have been a continual adversary, and you have enclosed the sons of Israel, by the hands of the sword, in the time of their affliction, in the time of extreme iniquity.
Am 1:11 - Thus says the Lord: For three wicked deeds of Edom, and for four, I will not convert him, in so far as he has been pursuing his brother with the sword and has outraged his brother’s compassion, and he has gone beyond his anger and has held onto his indignation until the end.
In the day when you stood against him, when strangers seized his army, and foreigners entered into his gates, and they cast lots over Jerusalem: you also were just like one of them.
Ž 137:7 - If I wander into the midst of tribulation, you will revive me. For you extended your hand against the wrath of my enemies. And your right hand has accomplished my salvation.
For the day of the Lord is near, over all nations. Just as you have done, so will it be done to you. He will turn back your retribution on your own head.
Ez 35:15 - Just as you have rejoiced over the inheritance of the house of Israel, when it was laid waste, so will I act toward you. You will be laid waste, O mount Seir, with all of Idumea. And they shall know that I am the Lord.”
- O Abdiášovi pozri úvod. "Zvesť som počul" prekladáme podľa LXX a Jer 49,14. Dnešný hebr. a Vulg čítajú: "Zvesť sme počuli". Abd 1,3
- Edomčania si mysleli, že ich na neprístupných skalách postavené mestá a hrady sú nedobytné. V skalnatých vrchoch Edomu je mnoho jaskýň, porov. Jer 49,16. Abd 1,5
- Po zlodejoch ešte niečo ostane v dome, po oberačke ešte zvýši na strome kde-tu ovocie. Ale Edomčanov ich nepriatelia úplne vyplienia. Ezau, Jakubov brat, iným menom volal sa Edom. Od neho pochádzajú Edomčania. Abd 1,7
- Edom nechce pochopiť, že ho spojenci (mužovia tvojej zmluvy), keď bude v núdzi, zradia a obrátia sa proti nemu. Abd 1,9
- O Temane pozri pozn. k Jer 49,7. Abd 1,10
- Pozri pozn. k vv. 5-6 a Jer 49,7. Porov. Mal 1,4. Abd 1,11
- O Jeruzalem hádzali žreb rozumej: žrebovaním si delili korisť, nahrabanú v Jeruzaleme. Abd 1,12-14
- Čo sa tu opisuje, stalo sa už, ale prorok to vidí ako prítomnosť. Abd 1,15
- Edomčania si pripíjali na dobytie Pánovho vrchu, Siona. Až príde deň Pánovho trestu, budú musieť za to piť z kalicha utrpenia, porov. Jób 21,20; Ž 75,9; Iz 19,14; Jer 25,16.26-28; 49,12; Hab 2,16. Abd 1,17-19
- Jakubov dom tu označuje Júdsko, Južnú ríšu; Jozefov dom Severnú ríšu. Júda najprv dostane naspäť svoje územia, potom sa zbaví nepriateľov a rozšíri svoje územie. Dostane pohanské územie, Edomsko a Filištínsko, a znovu sa pripojí k nemu Izraelské kráľovstvo, ktoré často volali Efraimom a ktorého hlavným mestom bola Samária. Zajordánskeho Galaádu sa zmocní Benjamínov kmeň, ktorý vždy patril k Júdskemu kráľovstvu. Božie kráľovstvo už nebude len v úzkych hraniciach Palestíny. Porov. Iz 54,2. Abd 1,20
- Aj tí, čo sa z rozličných krajín vrátia zo za- jatia, pričinia sa o rozšírenie Božieho kráľovstva. - O Sarepte pozri pozn. k 1 Kr 17,9. - Sardy (Sparda) boli hlavným mestom Lýdie. Abd 1,21
- Rozliční záchrancovia národa len pripravovali cestu veľkému záchrancovi Mesiášovi. Až v jeho časoch bude kráľovstvo naozaj patriť Pánovi.