Kniha proroka Nahum
Biblia - Sväté písmo
(KJV - Anglický - King James)
Nah 1, 1-15
1 Nah 1, 1 The burden of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite. 2 Nah 1, 2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. 3 Nah 1, 3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet. 4 Nah 1, 4 He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the rivers: Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon languisheth. 5 Nah 1, 5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein. 6 Nah 1, 6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him. 7 Nah 1, 7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. 8 Nah 1, 8 But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies. 9 Nah 1, 9 What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time. 10 Nah 1, 10 For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry. 11 Nah 1, 11 There is one come out of thee, that imagineth evil against the LORD, a wicked counseller. 12 Nah 1, 12 Thus saith the LORD: Though they be quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more. 13 Nah 1, 13 For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder. 14 Nah 1, 14 And the LORD hath given a commandment concerning thee, that no more of thy name be sown: out of the house of thy gods will I cut off the graven image and the molten image: I will make thy grave; for thou art vile. 15 Nah 1, 15 Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace! O Judah, keep thy solemn feasts, perform thy vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through thee; he is utterly cut off.
Nah 1, 1-15
God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Ex 20:5 - Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace! O Judah, keep thy solemn feasts, perform thy vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through thee; he is utterly cut off.
Iz 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Rim 10:15 - And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
Ex 19:18 - And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.
Ž 18:7 - Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.
Ž 29:5 - The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
Ž 97:4 - His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.
Ž 114:4 - The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs.
The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
Joe 3:16 - The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
- O Nahumovi a jeho vlasti pozri úvod k tomuto prorokovi. O Ninive Jon 1,2. Nah 1,2
- Boh je žiarlivý na modly, nestrpí, aby človek dával modlám úctu, ktorá patrí len jemu; porov. Ex 20,5; 34,14; Dt 4,24; 5,9; tiež Iz 42,8; 48,11. Pomstivosť a hnev u Boha nie je náruživosť. Sväté písmo podobnými ľudskými vlastnosťami zvýrazňuje Božiu spravodlivosť, ktorá nestrpí konečné víťazstvo zla. Nah 1,4
- O Bášane pozri pozn. k Iz 2,13; o Karmeli Iz 33,9. Nah 1,8
- "Skoncuje so svojimi protivníkmi" prekladáme na základe LXX. Dnešný hebrejský text a s ním aj Vulg číta: "skoncuje s jej miestom", pričom tieto osnovy myslia bezpochyby, že Boh skoncuje s mestom Ninive. Nah 1,9
- Zmysel: Netreba si myslieť, že Boh nechá Ninive bez trestu. Tak ho zničí, že druhého zákroku nebude treba. Obyvatelia mesta zhynú, ako hynie v ohni pleva alebo husto pospletané tŕnie. Obrany nebudú schopní ako opilci. Nah 1,11-14
- V 11. verši hovorí prorok k Ninive, vo veršoch 12–13 k Júdsku a Jeruzalemu a v 14. verši k asýrskemu kráľovi alebo k Asýrom vôbec. V 11. verši myslí prorok azda na Sennacheriba, ktorý chcel obyvateľov Júdska presídliť, porov. Iz 36,17. Asýrom nepomôže ani ich moc, ani ich početnosť, zahynú a Júdsko takto strasie ich jarmo.